Monday, January 20, 2014

One Republic (3) 1/18-19/2014

Hey Guys! This was an OK week. Not much happened. Before we get to the countdown, here's a list of songs we're saying goodbye to (finally)!

  • Rosana- Wax (!!!)
  • Mi Mi Mi- Serebro (!!!)
  • Slow Down- Selena Gomez
The Countdown:
  1. Counting Stars- One Republic
  2. The Monster- Eminem ft. Rihanna
  3. Dance With Me Tonight- Olly Murs
  4. Timber- Pitbull ft. Ke$ha
  5. Alone Together- Fall Out Boy
  6. Wake Me Up- Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc
  7. Demons- Imagine Dragons
  8. Burn- Ellie Goulding
  9. Let Her Go- Passenger
  10. Classic- MKTO
  11. Stay The Night- Zedd ft. Hayley Williams
  12. Brave- Sara Bareilles
  13. Do What U Want- Lady Gaga ft. R. Kelly
  14. Story of My Life- One Direction
  15. Pompeii- Bastille
  16. Dark Horse- Katy Perry ft. Juicy J
  17. Team- Lorde
  18. Hell Yeah- Midnight Red
  19. Blurred Lines- Robin Thicke ft. T.I. & Pharrell
  20. Miss Jackson- Panic! At The Disco ft. Lolo
  21. We Own The Night- The Wanted
  22. The Wire- Haim
  23. White Walls- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Schoolboy Q & Hollis
  24. Drink You Away- Justin Timberlake
  25. Feel Good- Goldhouse
  26. Say Something- A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera
  27. How I Feel- Flo Rida
  28. Sweater Weather- The Neighbourhood
  29. I Need Your Love- Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding
  30. Young Girls- Bruno Mars
  31. Applause- Lady Gaga
  32. I Want Crazy- Hunter Hayes
  33. XO- Beyoncé
  34. Roar- Katy Perry
  35. Can't Hold Us- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton
  36. Radioactive- Imagine Dragons
  37. Happy- Pharrell (DEBUT)
  38. My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark- Fall Out Boy
  39. Goodbye- Glenn Morrison
  40. I'm Ready- AJR (DEBUT)
  41. Old School Love- Lupe Fiasco ft. Ed Sheeran (DEBUT)
  42. Still Into You- Paramore
  43. Love Me Again- John Newman
  44. Royals- Lorde
  45. This Is What It Feels Like- Armin van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie
New Entrants:
This week we unfortunately got 2 out of 3 bad debut, but lets go from good to bad. First up is Happy- Pharrell!!! I LOVE this song! It is such a feel-good song (unlike Feel Good- Goldhouse! haha). I expect this song to do very well due to the recent success of Blurred Lines- Robin Thicke ft. T.I. 7 Pharrell & Get Lucky- Daft Punk ft. Pharrell.

Next is Old School Love- Lupe Fiasco ft. Ed Sheeran. This song isn't the worst song I have ever heard, that would be Wax- Rosana, Mi Mi Mi- Serebro, & I'm Ready- AJR (which we'll get too in a second). I usually love anything that comes out of Ed Sheeran's mouth, but this is definitely the exception!

Last, and certainly least is I'm Ready- AJR. Why does Hits 1 do this to us?!?! First Rosana- Wax & Mi Mi Mi- Serebro, now this! SpongeBob Squarepants does NOT belong on the radio! The song is pretty catchy right up to the "I'm ready" part.

Other notes:

Still waiting for Neon Lights- Demi Lovato, Replay- Zendaya, Hey Brother- Avicii ft. Dan Tyminski, & Dance Apocalptic- Janelle Monae to debut.

Karmin, Chris Wallace, & Aloe Blacc all debuted new Hit-Bound songs this week, all of which are very acceptable!

I am not very happy that Dance With Me Tonight- Olly Murs & Alone Together- Fall Out Boy are back in the top 5.

I was very surprised to hear This Is What It Feels Like- Armin van Buuren ft. Trevor Guthrie first this week. I don't really want it to go, but it might be time. But remember I also said that about Miss Jackson- Panic! At The Disco ft. Lolo a few weeks ago and now its #20, so you never know.

Why did Let Her Go- Passenger fall back to #9...its supposed to be #1!

Top 10 Picks:
  1. Let Her Go- Passenger
  2. Timber- Pitbull ft. Ke$ha
  3. Dark Horse- Katy Perry ft. Juicy J
  4. Team- Lorde
  5. Counting Stars- One Republic
  6. Do What U Want- Lady Gaga ft. R. Kelly
  7. Pompeii- Bastille
  8. Drink You Away- Justin Timberlake
  9. The Monster- Eminem ft. Rihanna
  10. Say Something- A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera


7 comments:

  1. Why don't you like Mi Mi Mi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you like it?? There is nothing good about it!

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't say it deserves a 5 star rating, but I was a little (1 star) in to it at first, but I got tired of it really quick. I was surprised that I even liked it at all.

      Delete
    3. I would love to ask the people who like Wax – Rosana why they like that. There is nothing good about that!

      Delete
    4. Honestly, I like Mi Mi Mi a bit too, but it gets so annoying. Hearing "mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi only me..." over and over again can really annoy you. I'm not surprised that no one voted for it.

      Delete
  2. If you like AT 40, go to my blog. It's at www. at40charts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blog(at40charts.blogspot.com) has a poll that you can vote for your fave from the top songs on the countdown. It is based on at 40 and please go to it if you want to see the charts and like voting!

    ReplyDelete